This recipe calls for shredded chicken and the best way I know how to shred chicken is by first boiling it. So I filled a pot with water and seasoned it with garlic salt, pepper, oregano, montreal chicken seasoning, onion powder, and bay leaves. I then added the chicken breasts and let it boil for 30-45 mins. Let the chicken cool and the shred it. I just used two forks and pulled the chicken apart that way.
I like to add a lot of veggies to my salad so I added corn. I wanted sweet corn and all I had in my freezer was regular whole kernel corn so I got the wonderful idea to sautee the corn in a pan with a little bit of oil (I used grapeseed oil) and seasoned it with salt and pepper and then added a little bit of honey!
Next I chopped an avocado and a quarter of a red onion. I like my vegetables small, so that's what I did. So do whatever floats your boat!
I prefer green leaf lettuce over romaine lettuce because I feel like I get more of the leafy part rather than a giant stem! You can chop the lettuce using a knife but I think it's easier to tear is apart with my hands so that's what I did and I put it in my handy dandy salad spinner and if you don't have one, you should invest in one if you eat salads a lot (because nobody likes a watery salad!)
I then put all of the ingredients in a bowl along with some feta cheese (my absolute favorite) and voila!
Ingredients
2 chicken breasts
1 - 12oz. can garbanzo beans
1 avocado
1/4 red onion
Feta cheese
Green leaf lettuce
1/2 cup corn
2 tablespoons of honey
salt and pepper
Directions:
Prepare chicken by boiling for 30-45 minutes until it is no longer pink. While the chicken is boiling sautee corn for about 10-15 minutes adding salt and pepper to taste and the honey. Next, chop up your lettuce and rinse and set aside. Next chop your red onion and your avocado and set aside. Then rinse the garbanzo beans and set aside. Once the chicken is done, use two forks to shred to your liking. Then take and mix all of the ingredients together, adding feta cheese (or whatever cheese you wish to use) and top with a dressing of your choice!
Enjoy!
--JayCherie
I then put all of the ingredients in a bowl along with some feta cheese (my absolute favorite) and voila!
To top it all off I made a homemade herb vinaigrette using honey mustard instead of dijon mustard as the recipe calls for! (Herb Vinaigrette)
2 chicken breasts
1 - 12oz. can garbanzo beans
1 avocado
1/4 red onion
Feta cheese
Green leaf lettuce
1/2 cup corn
2 tablespoons of honey
salt and pepper
Prepare chicken by boiling for 30-45 minutes until it is no longer pink. While the chicken is boiling sautee corn for about 10-15 minutes adding salt and pepper to taste and the honey. Next, chop up your lettuce and rinse and set aside. Next chop your red onion and your avocado and set aside. Then rinse the garbanzo beans and set aside. Once the chicken is done, use two forks to shred to your liking. Then take and mix all of the ingredients together, adding feta cheese (or whatever cheese you wish to use) and top with a dressing of your choice!
Enjoy!
--JayCherie
No comments:
Post a Comment